Established in 1966, the Boyd Dappert Youth Reservation was developed to provide youth organizations in Christian County an area for conservation, education, recreation, and camping activites, including a 160 seat amphitheater.
The area has over 100 acres of beautiful woods and trails. Lake Taylorville borders the entire north side of the property providing excellent canoeing, sailing, and fishing opporunities. Designated primitive camping areas are availible.
The Boyd Dappert Youth Reservation is governed by a Board of Directors of interested and active youth organizations in Christian County. New membership on this committee is welcome.
Some examples of youth and family organizations tha may use the Boyd Dappert Youth Reservation:
Cub Scouts & Boy Scouts
Senior Citizens Center
United Way Agencies
Christian County Exension Service
Some examples of Activites at the Boyd Dappert Youth Reservation may include things like:
Canoeing (Rental Fee's may apply)
Other recreational Actvities
Some Guidelines for the Boyd Dappert Area
- No Firearms allowed anytime
- No Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- All fires must be in designated areas. Please put out all fires safely and correctly before leaving.
- All garbage, litter must be removed/cleaned up when group departs
- All accidents must be reported to the Lake Office or the YMCA
- Reservations are required to use the property and must be made 3 days in advance
- There is a nominal key deposit required when picking up the entrance gate key at the Lake Office
- Each group is responsible for the actions and conduct. Misuse or Abuse of the Boyd Dappert area may result in legal actions.